We are seeking to appoint an experienced teacher to the post of Curriculum Leader for Mathematics. We are keen to receive applications from teachers who have a strong commitment to outstanding teaching and learning and who already have or are looking for a middle leadership role and the opportunity to share their enthusiasm, knowledge and skills with other colleagues. The postholder will assist the Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher in securing and monitoring excellent teaching and learning of the Mathematics Curriculum across the school. This will include:
• oversight for the long-term plan for Mathematics;
• working with colleagues to develop teaching plans;
• organising whole-school initiatives and projects;
• monitoring the quality of teaching and learning;
• giving feedback and advice to staff;
• tracking and reporting on the progress of pupils;
• planning and monitoring intervention programmes;
• arranging or providing CPD opportunities for staff;
• oversight for the effective use of resources.
The person we are looking for will have:
• high expectations and a commitment to high-quality teaching;
• recent evidence of effective practice, in either Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2;
• evidence of excellent teaching of the Mathematics curriculum which has had a very clear impact on pupil achievement;
• experience of effective middle or subject leadership;
• an ability to work with and influence other staff to bring about and sustain improvement and good practice across the school;
• a commitment to school improvement and a general contribution to the leadership and management of the school.
We can offer you:
• a happy working environment;
• opportunities for professional development, including middle leadership;
• Senior Leadership support for the subject;
• colleagues who are willing to listen to advice;
• the opportunity to work with other schools;
• children who respond to good teaching and a challenge, and are keen to learn.
Prospective candidates are invited to visit the school on either Monday 20th March at 4.30pm, Monday 27th March 4.30pm or Friday 31st March at 4.00pm to meet with senior leaders and have a tour of the school. Other visit times during the school day may be possible.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
Please complete the school’s application form and return it the school by 9.00am on Tuesday 18th April.
Applications should be returned by post (see guidance) or by email to email@example.com
Closing Date: 18 April 2017 09:00
Interviews: 25 or 26 April 2017
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/2186-12S