The governors of the CLIC Trust are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, self-motivated, multi skilled, reliable and conscientious Site Manager to ensure the smooth running of Rolls Crescent Primary School.
The successful candidate will be a practical, reliable, trustworthy person who has overall responsibility to support the Headteachers in managing the site. The Site Manager will take pride in looking after our school buildings and grounds and will ensure that it is a safe, clean, tidy and secure environment for children, staff, families and visitors at all times. You will need to be flexible, experienced in a range of maintenance work and able to use your own initiative.
We are looking for a candidate who: (please read job description for full list)
- Will provide and facilitate a wide range of proactive and planned, maintenance and refurbishment services for both buildings and grounds.
- Will be responsibility for checking buildings and grounds every day and, where appropriate, repair/report any faults needing attention liaising with contractors as required.
- Will ensure outside areas are kept free from litter, sweeping leaves, emptying bins, light garden maintenance, washing down areas, clearing snow, ice and frost etc. to maintain a safe, clean and tidy environment.
- Will take responsibility for ensuring full compliance with current health and safety legislation, undertaking health and safety checks and completing relevant paperwork.
- Will ensure the site is a safe environment for students, staff and visitors.
- Will be responsible for opening the school each morning and locking it in an evening and providing emergency access to the school if required.
- Will be responsible for supervising the cleaning staff ensuring their areas have been cleaned to the high standards expected (some cleaning work is included in this position).
- Will have excellent communication skills and have a positive attitude with the whole school community.
- Will be in possession of a full and valid driving licence.
We can offer you:
- an excellent opportunity to develop your site management skills and to make a contribution to whole school
- access to high quality CPD.
Rolls Crescent is a culturally diverse, inner city school with over 450 pupils on roll. We are situated approximately one mile outside the City Centre in a two storey, purpose built building that opened in July, 2007. In September, 2017 we joined The CLIC Multi Academy Trust.
You are welcome to contact Kay Roche to arrange a visit to the school prior to submitting an application.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
If you are interested in this vacancy please email your completed application form to: email@example.com Prospective applicants must complete, in full, and return a signed application form, Curriculum Vitae will not be accepted.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 11 January 2019 12:00
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/2013-39S