FREE - SEND Training for Manchester NQTs
Thursday 2nd April 2020 at Melland High School, Gorton Education Village, Manchester, M18 7DT
Teaching pupils with special educational needs and disabilities
Outreach leads from Manchester’s special schools are running an informative and inspirational half day programme for NQTs on working with children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities. The session will help you understand how to make reasonable adjustments in a mainstream classroom and provide quality first teaching for pupils with SEND.
PROGRAMME Download Flyer
- Refreshments and registration
- Inclusion and equality
- Legal duties and responsibilities
- Types of needs of pupils in your classroom
- Overcoming barriers to learning
- Assessment: existing tools your school uses
- Intent / implementation / impact for young people with additional needs
- Working with families of children with SEND
- Signposting to sources of information and support
- Further training needs
- Action planning
To book your place, please go to Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/teaching-pupils-with-special-educational-needs-and-disabilities-tickets-93396999941 and select the 'register' button to make a booking.
There is no cost for this course.
Bookings will be confirmed by e mail nearer the date