Information for Overseas TeachersEEA & Non-EEA inc. information for employers

Information for Overseas Teachers

Teachers who qualified outside of the United Kingdom will need to visit the UK government Department for Education (DfE) website for advice, guidance and to research the requirements to teach in England 

Non-UK applicants looking to train to teach in England, please visit the DfE website to find out what you'll need to train to teach in England.

For information relating to the award of qualified teacher status (QTS) and specific guidance for those teachers who have qualified in EEA and non-EEA areas including Ireland and Scotland,  please visit the government Teaching Regulation Agency website.


Information for employers...

Employers can find information on recruiting international teachers by visiting the DfE website including information relating to the ‘4 year rule’.  For information regarding teacher status checks, please see the Teaching Regulation Agency guidance for employers.

Other Useful Links:

         ENIC Logo



Spotted an error or a broken link on this page ?  Please let us know via the feedback link below: 

Was this information helpful? >

How can we make this section better?

If you would like to receive a reply, please enter your email below. If not, please leave blank

Email (optional)