Manchester City Council, as the registered Data Controller, is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy inline with GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
This privacy notice explains what personal information is collected, what it is used for and who it is provided to. The notice also describes why we require your data, and the legal basis on which we do this.
We are committed to ensuring that personal information is held fairly, lawfully and securely in accordance with privacy laws.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. It provides additional information that specifically relates to this particular service, and should be read together with our General privacy notice which provides more detail.
By visiting teach-manchester.org you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information we may collect from you:
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us personal information about you by filling in forms on our site www.teach-manchester.org or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number and in relation to the Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) Talent Pool, your date of birth, National Insurance Number, academic qualifications inc Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), work experience and Teacher Reference Number including other optional sensitive information relating to equal opportunities such as gender, ethnicity, nationality, additional needs (including disability) religion and criminal convictions.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information to monitor site usage, make improvements to our site and to resolve technical issues to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you from third parties such as your employer (past and present) and training institutions for the purpose of verifying qualifications if you choose to register with the NQT Talent Pool. We may also receive information about you from the Teaching Regulation Agency (formerly the National College for Teaching and Leadership), the Department for Education and/or the Society for Education and Training (formerly the Institute for Learning) and any other institution fulfilling the role of Appropriate Body for NQT Induction as outlined in government statutory guidance.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use information you have provided to register with the NQT Talent Pool for the purpose of:
- carrying out our statutory obligations with regard to the Induction of Newly Qualified Teachers, including where we have a quality assurance role as the appropriate body – for full details see the statutory guidance for NQT induction.
- sharing your information with headteachers/principals from Manchester schools and colleges who register and use our site
- to notify you of the status of your application
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to develop our service
If you have subscribed to our site to be notified of job vacancies in Manchester, we will use your personal information to send you job alerts and/or the Manchester vacancy bulletin based on the subscription preferences you have selected in your account settings. You can alter these settings at any time and/or delete your account.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when available and if you choose to do so;
- to keep our site safe and secure inline with industry standards.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with:
- Educational institutions throughout England and Wales for the purpose of statutory Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) Induction
- Local Authorities and other institutions throughout England and Wales that act as an appropriate body for the purpose of statutory Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) Induction
- The Teaching Regulation Agency (formerly the National College for Teaching and Leadership), Department for Education and/or the Society for Education and Training (formerly the Institute for Learning) for the purpose of pre-employment checks.
- Trade Unions for legal purposes should the need arise
- Manchester City Council Teaching Personnel for contractual purposes
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties if:
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
Where we store your personal data and for how long
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers in the UK. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password private and confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. A single login for multiple users is not permitted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and industry standard security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will only retain your personal information such as email addresses and NQT Talent pool applications for as long as you choose to subscribe and have an active account on this site. Once you unsubscribe or delete your account or we become aware an email address is no longer active, the information will be securely erased and will not be retrievable.
NB: NQT Talent Pool applications will remain live in the pool for 12 months from the date of submission or until you choose to archive the application for later use or delete it altogether via your account/application settings.
For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our Cookies policy
Links to other websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Manchester schools and colleges, our partner networks and affiliates or other information sources. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites
Access to Information and Your rights
You may ask us whether we are storing personal information about you by using the contact us form and, if you wish, we will provide you with a copy of the personal data we hold about you. We may ask for proof of your identity before providing any information and reserve the right to refuse to provide information requested if identity is not established.
If at any time you wish us to cease processing your information please let us know by using the contact us form or by simply deleting your registered account.
If you have any questions or concerns about how the Council uses your personal information, please contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Was this information helpful? >