Manley Park Primary School is a member of The Manchester Teaching Schools Alliance with a specific responsibility for research and development. We also specialise in AFL, P4C, Emotional Intelligence and outdoor learning.
Our committed team strongly believe in providing a rich, meaningful and memorable curriculum driven by our pupils.
We are seeking to appoint a SEND Teaching Assistantwith a specialism in supporting children with sensory impairment to join our outstanding, forward thinking team.
You will share our innovative ethos and maintain high expectations of what pupils can achieve each day. "
The School's outstanding care, guidance and support are evident in lessons and throughout the school...Pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities make good progress as a result of frequent small group work with effective teacher or teaching assistant support." (Ofsted: October 2011)
It is essential that the candidate has:
- A high level of competency in spoken and written English, Maths and ICT.
- Successful experience of working with a child or young person with a sensory impairment in either a primary or secondary environment
- The ability to differentiate the curriculum, and ensure that concepts have been properly understood
- The ability to establish supportive relationships with children whilst developing and promoting their independence and accountability for learning.
- A commitment to developing specialist knowledge and skills in supporting children with sensory impairments and an ability to model good practice to colleagues.
Staff at Manley Park are required to work flexibly, to meet the needs and improve outcomes for children with additional needs.
The contract duration is initially for 1 year - linked to EHCP funding
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
If you are interested in this vacancy please email your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 15 February 2019 12:00
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/2305-45S