About the Role
- To provide expert technical support to the Head of science and colleagues in the Science department
- To organise and resource the prep room ensuring the budget is well managed and resources are replenished as needed
- To ensure that the Science department is compliant with all Health and Safety regulations
- To oversee the day to day maintenance of the teaching spaces and laboratories
- To set up and manage effective organisation systems to ensure the smooth running of the Science department
- To prepare practical resources for teachers across the Science department and deliver them in a timely fashion to allow Teaching and Learning to run smoothly
- To ensure that all laboratories are well maintained and presented and that all equipment is regularly serviced and functioning
- Any other duties as required by the Head of Department
About Loreto RC High School
Part of the international family of Loreto schools and colleges and as such benefits from a 400 year old tradition and links with Loreto Sixth Form College and with Loreto schools both in the UK and worldwide. "The vision and values of the Gospel and the Loreto community of schools act as a living reference point for the whole community." Section 48 Inspection
Loreto High School is a 'Good School' (Ofsted January 2019) at an exciting point in its school improvement journey "Leaders have the ambition and demonstrable capacity to further enhance the good quality of education which the school currently provides." Ofsted 2019.
A small, friendly, inclusive, cohesive school where we get to know our students well, find out what they are good at and develop their talents "… a welcoming, caring and passionate school that really does know every child." Ofsted 2019 Parent View
"School leaders and other staff pride themselves on the good relationships that they build and care that they have with pupils." Ofsted 2019
Visitors tell us our students are calm and well-mannered and that our Catholic ethos is powerfully transmitted; "Inspectors were impressed by pupils' positive interactions with one another and adults." Ofsted 2019
We will support and develop you to become an outstanding practitioner. We are an aspirational, reflective and creative learning community where all adults are learners who strive rigorously for excellence in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for our students.
Excellent CPD programme to support teachers at each stage of their career; "The training programme which leaders manage is well planned and implemented." Ofsted 2019
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
If you are interested in this vacancy please email your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 18 March 2019 12:00
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/4753-4S