We are looking for a teacher with a clear understanding and experience of developing in school interventions, multi-agency and statutory plans for pupils with complex SEMH needs.
Manchester Secondary PRU currently has three Learning Centres for pupils in years 7 and 8 located across the city, and this role includes work across all 3 of these learning centres.
Our pupils have been permanently excluded, are at risk of permanent exclusion or have other complex needs that have created barriers to success in a mainstream setting.
We are looking to appoint a candidate who is a qualified, experienced, creative and resilient teacher, who will be able to support the delivery of our wider curriculum. The successful candidate will have high expectations for all pupils and will be committed to delivering outstanding lessons enabling PRU pupils to make accelerated progress so that their life chances can be improved.
They will also be expected to demonstrate a broad understanding of the schools system and have experience of successful partnership working. The ability to deliver enrichment activities especially art, food, design technology or elements of personal and social development will be a distinct advantage.
Manchester Secondary PRU offers:
- The opportunity to work with small teaching groups that enable teachers to personalise learning for their pupils
- The chance to have a real impact on the lives of some of the most vulnerable pupils in the city
- The support of skilled, experience and committed teams of colleagues from a range of professional backgrounds
- To undertake baseline assessments of new pupils and work with staff to identify priority needs
- To prepare new pupil profiles, and identify appropriate, specific interventions
- To support the compilation of educational advice for a range of professionals
- To monitor steps towards achieving plans and targets (including strategies identified through the preparation of requests for EHC Plans), and evaluate the impact of interventions on pupils' progress in a range of dimensions
- To teach small groups of pupils
- To provide individual tuition as appropriate
- To advise the staff team in providing appropriate support to pupils
The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time and the post holder may be required to carry out other work, not explicitly mentioned here, which is considered to be appropriate.
Manchester Secondary PRU is currently in the process of academy conversion.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
If you are interested in this vacancy please email your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 27 March 2019 09:00
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/1105-44S