Are you passionate about working with children with SEND? Do you have the drive, determination and skill to lead and further develop our SEND base, The Beehive?
The Willows Primary School is a Gold Level Rights Respecting school with a caring and inclusive ethos.
Despite the high level of need, the behaviour and attendance of our pupils is excellent and we work tirelessly to support our community. As a result of this, our children are looking for an experienced primary school teacher looking for a new challenge or an experienced SEND teacher who is able to inspire and support them to become the best that they can be.
This role has become available at an exciting time in the development of the provision that we provide for our SEND children. It will be based across our established Beehive class and our newly formed Nurture provision for our younger children.
The role will focus on delivering bespoke teaching to small groups of children who are likely to be significantly below their age related expectations and have a wide range of additional needs.
The successful candidate will also have the responsibility of leading a team of skilled Teaching Assistants across the two rooms throughout the week. Therefore, we are looking for a warm and professional teacher who is skilled in building relationships and supporting staff in developing their skills further.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an outstanding teacher, particularly for children with additional needs and challenging behaviours
- Can work with a high level of autonomy and demonstrate excellent organisational skills
- Has successful experience of teaching pupils with SEND and a commitment to continuous improvement
- Has the imagination and determination to establish outstanding provisions across the school with the support of the whole school staff and senior leadership team
- Can motivate and inspire pupils to learn and make exceptional progress in both academic and social and emotional aspects of their learning
- Builds excellent relationships with staff, pupils and their families
- Supports the rights respecting ethos of the school and will embed this into all aspects of their work.
We can offer you:
- An inclusive approach to meeting the needs of our children
- An exciting opportunity to develop further an SEND teaching base and establish a nurture focused provision within a mainstream primary school
- A supportive and enthusiastic staff team
- A well-resourced environment and school
- The opportunity to work closely with our partner school Haveley Hey
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
If you are interested in this vacancy please email your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: Susannah Atherton, The Willows Primary School, Tayfield Road, Manchester, M22 1BQ.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 23 April 2019 12:00
Interviews: Week Commencing 29/04/2019
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/2009-46S