We are seeking to appoint an experienced Administration Manager to join our team at Pioneer House High School, for students aged 11-19years, who have a range of special educational needs.
We are a happy, lively school where staff & pupils enjoy learning and achieving together.
- To oversee an effective administrative service to the school, developing systems and procedures and setting standards
- To ensure the school runs effectively in all operational areas, liaising with Trust colleagues and functional experts as needed
- To act as PA to the Senior Leadership Team in meeting the varied and changing administrative and organisational needs of the school
- To assist with routine accounting duties as required by the School Business Manager
- To work collaboratively with all staff and parents in order to support pupil wellbeing
The successful candidate will be highly motivated and organised, with a proactive approach to tackling issues, using own initiative to trouble shoot issues independently. You will have significant experience working in administration and managing the work of a team of administrative staff. Previous school experience is desirable but not essential.
- A dynamic and forward thinking Trust that works in partnership to ensure outstanding achievement of all children.
- A commitment to your own professional development
- An opportunity to be part of a recently opened and developing school
- The opportunity to lead within, and contribute to, our growing Trust
- Excellent career average pension scheme (Greater Manchester Pension Fund - seehttps://www.gmpf.org.uk/key.htmfor more information
Pioneer House High School is a 100 place Free Special School, established in September 2016, for students with significant learning difficulties aged from 11-19 years. The school has a focus on developing Enterprise, Employability and Independence Skills with our pupils; as a result of rapid growth we require a teacher, with experience of working with pupils with SEND, to join our successful and committed team.
Prospere Learning Trust was formed in September 2017 through the merger of two multi academy trusts. We currently employ over 500 staff and are passionate about securing the best possible education for our young people, and believe that our staff play a vital role in achieving our vision. Prospere Learning Trust currently comprises of 5 secondary schools, including 3 mainstream schools and 2 special needs schools. We are a growing Trust, currently working in the South Manchester area but with further schools anticipated across Greater Manchester.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
If you are interested in this vacancy please email your completed application form to: email@example.com
or post to: HR Manager, Prospere Learning Trust, c/o Piper Hill School, Firbank Road, Newall Green, M23 2YS.
Candidates will be shortlisted against the person specification for the post.
Applications will only be accepted on the standard application form and CV’s from Agencies will not be accepted. The selection process will consist of a panel interview and assessment task.
We anticipate that the selected candidate will be based at Pioneer House High School initially although the successful candidate may be expected to work across the Trust over time.
School visits are welcome by prior arrangement.
Our recruitment policy, Child Protection and Safeguarding policy and Privacy Notice for applicants can be found on the school website. For further information please visit the school website www.pioneerhousehighschool.net.
We have a policy on the Employment of Ex-Offenders and it is available upon request.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 03 May 2019
Interviews: Week Commencing 13/05/2019
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/7000-20S