You will be required for two hours during the morning between 7.45am until 9.45am to collect a small number of students from various locations in Wythenshawe and transport them to an alternative education provision in Macclesfield. You will be required for two hours in the afternoon for the return journey from Macclesfield to Wythenshawe between 2.00pm until 4.00pm.
Please note, there may be other occasion when you may be required for which you will receive payment.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a full current UK/EU/EEU driving licence with category D1 or PCV and a minimum of three years driving experience. No major endorsements are acceptable
- Be able to work with parents, carers and students in a friendly and understanding manner
- Be flexible and motivated and able to follow instructions and deal with any emergencies in a calm manner
Previous experience of driving a minibus and a knowledge of the local area is desirable.
We can offer the successful candidate:
- An opportunity to work in a vibrant and welcoming environment with wonderful students, supportive staff, governors and parents
- Close link with three other school within the multi-academy trust
- Entry into a very competitive pension scheme
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
The applicant will be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
If you would like to apply for the position, please complete an application form available or telephone Mrs Holland, the Headteacher’s PA on 0161 493 2850 for an application pack and/or informal discussion.
If you are interested in this vacancy please email your completed form to email@example.com or alternatively can be posted to Mrs Holland, Saint Paul’s Catholic High School, Firbank Road, Newall Green, Wythenshawe, Manchester, M23 2YS.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
The Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Closing Date: 26 April 2019 12:00
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/4766-18S