The governors, staff and children at John's RC Primary School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated practising Catholic to the position of Deputy Headteacher. This position is Permanent, Full time.
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: Leadership L13-L17 £53,724 to £59,265
- Contract: Full Time Permanent
- Applications Close: 02 May 2019 12:00
- Start Date: 01/09/2019
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to contribute to our popular and vibrant school community.
We wish to appoint an exceptional and inspirational leader who can foster a lifelong love of learning in all our students following the life and teaching of Jesus Christ. The governors are looking for applicants who have a clear vision of Catholic education and have the ability to put this into practice.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a practising Catholic who can nurture faith and spirituality
- Have the ability to lead and contribute to the development of our new curriculum
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner who will motivate and inspire pupils
- Will foster children's enjoyment of learning whilst ensuring high levels of achievement
- Be highly motivated with proven leadership skills
- Recognise, support, utilise and develop the skills of all staff
- Have excellent management and interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, challenge and inspire staff and pupils
We can offer:
- Happy and well behaved children who are eager to learn in an atmosphere where they feel valued and respected
- Supportive and experienced governors
- Supportive families from a well-established community
- A friendly and talented staff team committed to working together to drive the school forward
- The opportunity to work with other Catholic schools as part of a well-established collaboration of schools
- Excellent professional development opportunities as a member of the MTSA Teaching School Alliance
Initially, this role will be not class based.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
If you are interested in this vacancy please email your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to St John’s RC Primary School, Chepstow Road, Chorlton, Manchester, M21 9SN.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 02 May 2019 12:00
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/3494-5L