This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a Church of England school that is a few minutes from the city centre in an area of regeneration and change. We have a committed and caring community and to be part of the next stage of the school's exciting journey, governors would like to appoint a successful upper KS2 teacher to lead KS2 and English ensuring they can:
- Create an environment across the school where children are engaged with their writing and enjoy reading for pleasure.
- Monitor and evaluate the English curriculum, analysing data and moderation of assessments.
- Mentor and support colleagues through a solid understanding of the curriculum and good pedagogical practices.
- Contribute towards the vision for the school and its development plan as part of the SLT as a key stage leader.
KEY PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To work in partnership with the Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher as part of the Senior Leadership Team, in securing high quality English teaching and learning across the school. To lead Key Stage 2.
- To fulfil the professional duties as specified in the Teachers Pay and Conditions Document.
- To lead English and Key Stage 2
- To be an excellent classroom practitioner
- Have good English subject knowledge
- To be able to analyse and interpret data
- Experience of Key stage 2 SATs and moderation
- Understanding of phonics and early reading
- Good sense of humour
- Committed and enthusiastic
- A positive and supportive staff team
- Professional development opportunities
- Enthusiastic and friendly children
- Supportive SLT and governors
- Challenging opportunities
Visits to the school are welcome by appointment from today till 18th April or 29th April until the 2nd May.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
If you are interested in this vacancy please email your completed application form to: email@example.com
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 03 May 2019 12:00
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/3491-26S