ASSISTANT HEADTEACHER TO START SEPTEMBER 2019
Holy Name RC continues to be an Outstanding Beacon of Catholic Education' - Section 48 June 2017.
Would you like an opportunity to join our highly successful school?
The Governors of Holy Name and Our Lady's are seeking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher who is highly skilled, caring, enthusiastic and creative, and who can use a range of outstanding teaching and learning styles.
The successful candidate will have proven leadership skills and will continue to build upon existing high standards in partnership with the Executive Headteacher, Head of School and Governing Body.
The governors and staff are working in close collaboration and have an Executive Headteacher over the two schools. On appointment the successful candidate will be contracted to work at Holy Name RC but could be directed to work in either school.
This post will be a class based leader in Year 2 with time allocated to lead and manage learning across the schools.
We are looking for a strong, dynamic and inspirational leader who:
- Is committed to supporting the catholic ethos of the school and has a clear vision of Catholic education
- An excellent classroom practitioner who can inspire both children and staff;
- Is strongly committed to the inclusion of all children
- Will sustain and extend the positive learning culture for all across our school
- Will foster children's enjoyment of learning whilst ensuring high levels of achievement
- Can demonstrate a consistent record of raising standards and be an exemplary leader of learning
- Can deploy leadership, commitment and sensitivity to ensure the continued development of our school community
- Is able to be flexible and have a good sense of humour; approachable and able to build strong relationships with children, all staff, parents governors and other members of the school community
- Is able to contribute to the development of an exciting, ambitious new curriculum
Holy Name is a one form entry primary school in the heart of Moss Side. Holy Name has achieved 'Outstanding' status in both the OFSTED Inspection and Section 48.
The successful candidate will be offered
- An opportunity to join a school which 'continues to be an outstanding beacon for Catholic education.' -Section 48, June 2017
- Happy, well behaved children who are eager to learn in an atmosphere where they all feel valued and respected
- A dedicated team of teachers and staff and a supportive Governing Body.
- A vibrant, fun and creative learning environment
- Positive, happy pupils from diverse backgrounds, who enjoy learning and are very well behaved, articulate and eager to learn
- An excellent opportunity for a highly motivated professional with a clear vision for Catholic education a strong community with good links to the local Catholic cluster of schools, the Parish, the Diocese and the LA
- A commitment to professional development and an openness to any new ideas that will benefit our children
- Opportunities to develop your leadership and management skills within a friendly and forward thinking Catholic school
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
Lesson Observations: 09/05/2019
If you are interested in this vacancy please email your completed application form to email@example.com or post to: Holy Name RC Primary School, Denmark Road, Moss Side, Manchester, M15 6JS.
Application forms from previous applicants will not be accepted.
We warmly welcome and encourage all applicants to visit our school.
For further information, an application pack (including a job description & person specification) and to make an appointment, please contact Kylie Wain on 0161 226 6303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 07 May 2019 16:00
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/3408-14L