An experienced Teaching Assistant (Level 1) is required to join the experienced staff team at this successful specialist primary school for children with a wide range of special educational needs Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties, Severe Learning Difficulties and Autism Spectrum Condition. This position is Permanent, Full Time, Term Time Only.
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: Grade 3 £18,426 to £19,171 pa pro rata
- Contract: Full Time Permanent
- Applications Close: 09 June 2019
- Start Date: 02/09/2019
- Have evidence of a Teaching Assistant Level 2 qualification or proof that they have been accepted on to a TA course
- Have a positive outlook, be highly motivated and flexible
- Be self-motivated, show initiative, able to work on your own work and contribute as part of a team
- Have high expectations of themselves, colleagues, children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- Be able to support the learning of children and young people withSEND
- Be committed to the safeguarding of children and young people and be able to contribute to ensuring a safe environment for all
Ashgate Specialist Support Primary School is an Outstanding School:
The curriculum and learning environment of each class are carefully created to provide appropriate and exciting learning opportunities for our children.
The staff at our school are caring, experienced and committed to meeting the individual needs of every child and to creating a happy, safe and secure environment.
Our wider curriculum helps children develop skills for learning and skills for life; we aim to support the children in developing their communication and core skills whilst enjoying a wide variety of extracurricular activities. We believe in empowering our children to grow in confidence and be as independent as possible.
We cater for children with Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and Autism (ASC).
We have developed a significant outreach role with schools in our two districts. Our outreach team offer advice to colleagues supporting children with SEN in a mainstream setting.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
If you are interested in this vacancy please email your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: Ashgate Specialist Support Primary School, Crossacres Rd, Wythenshawe, M22 5DR.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 09 June 2019
Interviews: Week Commencing 24/06/2019
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/7749-27S