The governors are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant, specialising in PE/sports to start 1 September 2019, to help us deliver our Sport Premium work at St Augustine's CE Primary School. This post is full time and temporary for 12 months in the first instance. Term Time Only.
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: Grade 2 £17,711 to £18,065 pa pro rata
- Contract: Full Time Temp/Fixed Term
- Applications Close: 14 June 2019 12:00
- Start Date: 01/09/2019
We are looking for someone who:
- under the guidance of teaching staff, be confident to coach a wide range of different sports/physical activities
- has a passion for inspiring children's learning
- will contribute positively to promote the values and ethos of our school and in developing relationships with the local community
- is able to support our teachers to achieve excellence
- is reliable and enthusiastic
- can deliver specific support to raise the attainment of under-performing children and groups
- can enthuse, motivate and engage children in all areas of sports
- can work independently to deliver, monitor and evaluate the success of sports interventions
- can keep detailed notes on progress, impact and attendance
- is able to work effectively as part of a team
- has excellent communication skills and is committed to building positive relationships with pupils, parents and staff
- will be willing to contribute to the broader life of the school community
- can run before and after school clubs
- is committed to continuous self-development
We can offer you:
- an excellent opportunity and scope to develop your own teaching skills and to make a contribution to whole school
- access to high quality CPD
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
If you are interested in this vacancy please email your completed application form to: email@example.com
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 14 June 2019 12:00
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/3011-20S