The governors are seeking to appoint a 1-2-1 Teaching Assistant, specialising in SEND/Autism to help us deliver a high quality education to one of our young people, this is a full time and temporary post for 12 months in the first instance to start September 2019. Term Time Only.
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: Grade 2 £17,711 to £18,065 pa pro rata
- Contract: Full Time Temp/Fixed Term
- Applications Close: 05 June 2019 12:00
- Start Date: 01/09/2019
The ideal candidate will be passionate about ensuring that SEND pupils make excellent progress both academically and pastorally.
The role will involve supporting a pupil with autism, who has limited social communication skills, through supporting them individually, in pairs and in groups.
The ideal candidate will possess an excellent knowledge of a range of strategies to develop language, communication and interaction skills in pupils with autism, as well as an understanding of how to engage them in the learning taking place in the classroom.
We are looking for someone who:
- under the guidance of teaching staff, is confident to support one of our children with autism
- has a passion for inspiring children's learning and enjoys working with children
- has some knowledge and understanding of Autism
- will be willing to learn and attend training when available
- has high expectations of all children's attainment and behaviour
- is hardworking and a team player, who can work on their initiative
- is reliable, enthusiastic and positive
- will contribute positively to promote the values and ethos of our school and in developing relationships with the local community
- is able to support our teachers to achieve excellence
- has excellent communication skills and is committed to building positive relationships with pupils, parents and staff
- will be willing to contribute to the broader life of the school community
- is committed to continuous self-development
We can offer you:
- an excellent opportunity and scope to develop your own teaching skills and to make a contribution to whole school
- access to high quality CPD
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
If you are interested in this vacancy please email your completed application form to: email@example.com.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 05 June 2019 12:00
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/3011-21S