Under the guidance of a teacher you will manage specialist support in a specific area of the curriculum and take a lead role in addressing the needs of pupils who require help to overcome barriers to learning.
Deliver learning programmes and support individual pupils, small groups (and whole classes during the short term absence of teachers).
You will need to;
- Possess English and Maths GCSE (Minimum Level C) or equivalent qualifications
- Pass a basic skills test at interview
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to demonstrate you have the ability to use your own initiative
- Be an excellent team player
- Be passionate about helping young people make progress and succeed
- Be resilient with effective behaviour management strategies when required
The successful candidates will:
- Have experience of working with or caring for primary age children
- Have a basic knowledge of first aid, child welfare and hygiene
- Have the ability to relate well to both children and adults
- Be able to work constructively as part of a larger team, understanding roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
If you are interested in this vacancy please email your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: Higher Openshaw Community School, Saunton Road, Openshaw, Manchester, M11 1AJ.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 28 May 2019 12:00
Interviews: Week Commencing 10/06/2019
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/2303-10S