The Service is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, committed and highly motivated Teaching Assistant to join our Hearing Impairment Team, based at one of our primary resource provisions in Levenshulme. This position is Permanent, Full Time, Term Time Only working 35 hours per week.
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: Grade 4 £19,554 to £21,166 pa pro rata
- Contract: Full Time Permanent
- Applications Close: 15 July 2019 12:00
- Start Date: 01/09/2019
In this fulfilling role you would work with children, primarily in a hearing needs resource base within a mainstream school.
As part of your role you will:
- assist the delivery of learning programmes and the implementation of personalised learning programmes under the supervision of the teacher of the deaf
- support deaf children to use their audiological equipment effectively in school and other settings
- support deaf children across the curriculum in a range of learning and social situations
- assist in the planning cycle, including the development of lesson/work plans and managing and preparing resources
- promote the inclusion and acceptance of deaf pupils
A L1 or equivalent BSL qualification would be desirable for this role. Ideally you will also have experience of working with children or young people with hearing needs.
The Sensory Support Service supports children and young people in Manchester, with a hearing or vision need, and their families, from birth to leaving school. We seek to improve academic and social outcomes for these groups of children. We work with families, nurseries and schools to provide advice and develop good practice. The Service is composed of specialist teachers, teaching assistants, and a range of other specialist officers.
We offer the following:
- A rewarding opportunity to improve the lives of deaf children, particularly their educational and developmental outcomes
- The opportunity to work within a unique, dynamic and committed team
- An environment within which to further develop your skills, together with opportunities for professional development
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
If you are interested in this vacancy please email your completed application form to: Sensoryadmin@lancasterian.manchester.sch.uk.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 15 July 2019 12:00
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/7029-75S