This position is Temporary, Full Time, Term Time Only. This post is funded externally until Thursday 23rd July 2020. However, if the pupil leaves the school or the funding is withdrawn, the post may cease prior to the expiry date.
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: Grade 2 £17,711 to £18,065 pa pro rata
- Contract: Full Time Temp/Fixed Term
- Applications Close: 06 September 2019 12:00
- Start Date: As Soon As Possible
For this position, we are looking for:
- Experience of working with children of a relevant age
- Numeracy/literacy skills (at a level equivalent to Level 2)
- Relevant qualification/s
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- An ability to work as part of a team
- An understanding of the role of the Teaching Assistant and other professionals working within the classroom and within other areas of the Academy
- The ability to use relevant technology, ie photocopier
- An understanding of national/early years curriculum and other basic learning programmes/ strategies
- A basic understanding of child development and learning
- A willingness to undertake paediatric first aid training as appropriate
We would be delighted to hear from you if you:
- Are enthusiastic, hardworking and able to work as part of a team
- Have the relevant qualification/experience
- Have an understanding of learners needs and how to support them to reach their full potential
Working as part of Wise Owl Trust will offer:
- The opportunity to work in a friendly and diverse school community
- The chance to teach in a stimulating learning environment
- A supportive and forward thinking leadership team
- Future opportunities for promotion across the Trust
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
If you are interested in joining our happy and thriving Academy, please email your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: c/o Kerry Walton, Seymour Road Academy, Seymour Road South, Clayton, Manchester, M11 4PR.
Please note we do not accept CV's as part as our application process and all parts of the application form must be fully completed. We look forward to hearing from you.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 06 September 2019 12:00
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/2018-29S