We are seeking an Office Manager/Pa to Headteacher to lead and manage the administrative functions of the school and provide a highly efficient support service to the Headteacher, Senior Leadership Team, Governing Body and teaching staff.
The Office Manager and PA will act as the Headteacher's and Senior Leadership Team's first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the school. They will provide an essential link between the Headteacher and senior staff and make decisions as to the best point of contact for those wishing to meet or speak with senior leaders.
The Office Manager and PA will provide an essential leadership function which will ensure the school operates smoothly, enabling key leaders to be effective in terms of their organisation and time management.
The ideal candidate will also have experience of school business functions, including budget management, human resources, premises management and health and safety. Opportunity for career development for the successful candidate.
Duties will include:
- Managing a team of three office based staff; arranging work load and allocation of administrative duties to ensure effective running of all administrative procedures
- Reviewing, monitoring and supporting their work to ensure all are able to carry out their duties effectively
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls, enquiries and requests and taking appropriate action
- Deal with incoming e-mail and post, often corresponding on behalf of the Senior Leadership Team
- Organising and maintaining diaries for making appointments and room bookings for the Senior Leadership Team & Office Staff.
- Interface with all parts of the school and externally with other schools and organisations on behalf of the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team
- Taking dictation and minutes (including attendance at some after school meetings)
- Producing documents, briefing papers and reports
- Devising and maintaining office systems including data management, file storage, filing etc
- To co-ordinate the timetable of holiday and lunchtime cover
- Liaising with Local Authority regarding pupil exclusions and arranging Disciplinary Committee and Appeals meetings
- To assist the Senior Leadership Team across a range of school issues, finance and personnel related
Duties for Whole School Events:
- Organising and planning whole school events including Open Evening, Presentation Evening and other events throughout the year
- Analyse and evaluate events and report to Senior Leadership Team
- To assist with the whole school safer recruitment procedures and maintaining the Single Register
- Responsible for the Recruitment Process ensuring compliance with Safer Recruitment Policy and obtaining appropriate DBS checks
- Cover Administrator
- Manage, administer and monitor all staff cover arrangements
- Organise daily timetables for Cover Supervisors
- Liaise with supply agencies as appropriate obtaining best value
- Responsible for supply teachers whilst on the school premises
- Arrange provision, analysis and evaluation of data, detailed reports to the Senior Leadership Team
- Sickness and Absence Reporting
- Responsible for recording and monitoring staff sickness and absence
- Providing reports to Senior Leadership Team on staff absence
- Producing weekly reports to Local Authority
- Carry out Return to Work interviews
- Performance Reviewer
- To undertake Appraisal and Performance Management for administration staff and support staff
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the grading of the post as directed by the Headteacher
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
Please email your application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: FAO Headteacher at the School address.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 11 October 2019 12:00
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/3434-23S