Due to ongoing school expansion, opportunities have arisen within our wonderful team of Teaching Assistants. This position is Permanent, Full Time, Term Time Only. Working Monday - Friday, 35 hours per week, 39 weeks of the year.
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: Grade 3 £18,426 to £19,171 pa pro rata
- Contract: Full Time Permanent
- Applications Close: 23 September 2019 12:00
- Start Date: As Soon As Possible
We are looking for a consistently humble, resilient and enthusiastic teaching assistant to join us.
If you can answer "Yes" to the statements below we'd like to hear from you:
- Committed practitioner - with a strong team ethos
- Excellent Behaviour Management skills
- Passionate about education in an urban setting.
- High expectations and a moral commitment to learning, achievement and the creation of a rich learning environment
- Minimum of NVQ Level 2 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualification and/or experience
- Possess an unswerving belief in reflection, collaboration, teamwork and feedback
- Demonstrate outstanding communication skills and unlimited good humour
We can offer
- Diverse, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic pupils
- An outstanding track record of mentoring and supporting
- A vibrant, forward-thinking school rated 'Good' with many outstanding features by Ofsted in 2016, for the third inspection in a row
- A high achieving school placed first in Manchester and 7th in England for KS1 to KS2 progress in 2015.
- An expanding single academy which holds Arts Council Artsmark Platinum, Unicef RRSA Silver, British Council International School Award, SSAT Diamond Cultural Diversity Quality Standard and Diamond Parent Engagement Quality Standard
- A long established commitment to the arts and an outward facing, rich, curriculum
- Unique and embedded creative partnerships with organisations such as the Manchester Camerata orchestr (We are a partner school of the National Holocaust Centre and Museum)
- A highly collaborative staff team with a genuine commitment to peer support
- Excellent Continuing Professional Development, including opportunities for collaborative working across our Heart of Manchester partnership of schools. 'Webster is a very supportive school and I feel that I can develop well here due to very approachable, experienced staff' (a current Newly Qualified Techer)
- A refurbished, high quality teaching and learning environment with large, mature school grounds and a newly built classroom block
- Engaged, involved and ambitious parents
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
Please email your application form to: email@example.com or post to the School address.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 23 September 2019 12:00
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/2323-54S