The Governors wish to appoint an experienced, committed and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to support the learning and development of children within our Key Stage 2.
St Kentigern's is an outstanding two form entry primary school in Manchester. Our children deserve the best, and we are looking for an outstanding teaching assistant to work in partnership with the class teacher on to ensure that every child learns well and enjoys school.
The successful candidate will be:
- Willing to support the Catholic ethos of our school
- Well qualified, with a good level of education preferably to "A" level standard
- Personable, friendly and have a good sense of humour
- A good team player
- A highly motivated individual who will ensure the best possible outcomes for the children in their care
- Able to work on their own initiative
- Have excellent communication skills
We can offer you:
- Highly motivated and well behaved children ("Pupils behaviour in and around school is superb. Pupils are polite, friendly and welcoming to visitors. At playtimes, pupils play well together and have a buddy system that ensures that nobody is left on their own") Ofsted October 2017
- Hardworking and very supportive staff
- Opportunities for professional development
- A very happy, child centred environment
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
Please contact the school for an application form at: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 224 6842.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 18 September 2019 12:00
Interviews: Week Commencing 23/09/2019
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/5200-61S