West Didsbury CE Primary School requires 2 part time play workers to work in our expanding before and after school clubs. This position is Permanent, Part Time, Term Time Only working Monday to Thursday 7:30am - 9am and 2:45pm - 5:30pm.
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: Grade 2 £17,711 to £18,065 pa pro rata
- Contract: Part Time Permanent
- Applications Close: 24 October 2019 12:00
- Start Date: 01/01/0001
The successful candidates should be:
- Enthusiastic team players who are ready to lead, or work within a team to engage with the children in a range of activities. It is essential to have experience of working with 3-11 year old's and experience of working in a play based setting
- Understanding of the varied needs of children and their families and have experience of administration
- Understanding of the issues involved in the delivery of good quality childcare
- Competent in the use of IT to support play and club administration
- Understanding the issues of equal opportunities and able to work on own initiative
- Able to provide and facilitate safe and creative play
- Good communication skills and appropriate safeguarding training
- A current Paediatric First Aid certificate would be desirable
- Have sound judgement and common sense
- Have sufficient understanding and use of English to be able to communicate with the children
We are a vibrant, friendly new school (opened Sept. 2015) and have about 300 children, in our Reception and Key Stage 1 classes and lower key stage 2 classes. The school will grow each year as we welcome a new Reception intake of 60 children every September.
Our Christian values of our mission statement 'Belonging, Believing, Becoming' permeate our school and each child is cherished and nurtured to become a force for good in society. We strive for success and have high levels of expectation. We are part of the St James and Emmanuel Academy Trust and work closely with our sister schools.
For more information please see our website:www.westdidsburyceprimary.co.uk.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
Please email your application form to: email@example.com or post to: Mrs Lana Leech-Martin at the schools address.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 24 October 2019 12:00
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/2042-33S