We are looking for someone who can play a vital role in the daily running of our school and someone who takes great pride in their work, pays attention to detail, has lots of common sense and wants to provide a safe, well-maintained environment for all our children and staff to work in.
The ability to work systematically, identify issues and use initiative to solve problems is essential. The role will require assistance with any occasional lettings and school events such as school productions and Parents' Evenings / Governors meetings / Voting.
We are seeking a professional individual who:
- Has good working knowledge of facility management
- Is hard working, flexible and proactive in keeping our school site safe and attractive
- Can use their own initiative and work independently
- Has practical maintenance and DIY skills
- Has good understanding of Health and Safety procedures as they relate to school premises, in particular Health and Safety. Fire Safety Law and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations
- Has the ability to carry out effective risk assessments
- Has good computer skills e.g. excel, word, outlook for diary entries of daily, weekly, monthly and annual schedules
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Be able to liaise with external contractors and organise schedules of work
- Will act as a key holder, including call out for the alarm or for any work being carried out by contractors
- Has the ability to manage annual leave rotas with support from the School Business Manager
- Has the ability to manage day to day cleaning staff with support from the School Business Manager
Candidates will ideally have experience of working in a maintenance role, preferably in a similar environment.
The post offers opportunities for professional development in a secure and supportive environment. Candidates must meet all aspects of the person specification.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
Email your application to email@example.com
Post your application to the school address
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. DBS Code of Practice which can be viewed here. We have a policy on the Employment of Ex-Offenders and it is available upon request.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 01 November 2019 18:00
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/2234-60SDP