Are you passionate about working outside?
Do you crave the opportunity to inspire children to learn outside of the classroom?
This unique opportunity is ideal for someone who has experience of delivering the gardening elements of the curriculum as well as being able to lead in areas such as Forest School and making links between the garden and healthy eating. The children of our schools want someone who is passionate about gardening and will be able to further develop our allotment areas into something exceptional.
This role will suit someone who has teaching or teaching assistant experience and is looking for a new challenge. It will involve delivering aspects of the curriculum through outdoor learning opportunities, maintaining the allotment areas and at The Willows, having responsibility for our chickens. The role will require the successful candidate to work across both The Willows Primary School and Haveley Hey Community School.
This post is an exciting opportunity to become part of an energetic team focused on achieving the very best for our children.
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- An enthusiasm for supporting children of all abilities
- Be very well organised, reliable and enthusiastic
- Have experience of working with children within the curriculum
- An understanding of the role of the Teaching Assistant and other professionals working in the school
In return we offer you:
- Enthusiastic and friendly children
- A very supportive and committed school community
- A happy and harmonious environment in which every child really does matter
- A commitment to your professional development
- TA 3 qualification or higher
- GCSE Grade C or above in English and Maths or equivalent.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
All posts must satisfy The Trust of their health and physical capacity , advice will be sought from Employee Health & Wellbeing at Wythenshawe Hospital.
In line with our Recruitment Policy we do not accept C.V.’s
Unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted
Please email your completed application form to Susannah Atherton, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 04 November 2019 12:00
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/2009-49S