- To take responsibility for and supervise a class of children during the lunchtime period.
- To form positive relationships with children and operate the school discipline policy.
- To assist in the efficient organisation and smooth running of the dining room as required.
- To supervise and develop children's play and use of equipment in the playground or in classrooms as required.
- To attend to children's physical needs as required, including toileting, hand washing, and use of cutlery.
- To be aware of the requirements of any pupils in the class with special needs.
- To care for the health, safety and well-being of children during the lunchtime period.
- Taking pupils who have minor accidents or are unwell to the designated First Aider where necessary, and if first aid is not necessary, comforting and reassuring them
- To report more serious accidents to the Senior Lunchtime Organiser
- To know and implement as necessary the school procedures for first aid, Child Protection, fire drills and evacuation.
- To liaise with the class teachers on a daily basis.
- To attend paid lunchtime organisers meetings and training sessions by agreement with the Senior Lunchtime Organiser and Pastoral Manager.
Rack House Primary School can offer:
- A caring school ethos
- Excellent level of support and training.
- Motivated and well behaved children who are keen to learn
- Supportive staff and governors
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
We cannot accept CVs as an application.
Our application form must be used and completed in full, making sure you address the person specification and complete referee details. Submissions received without a completed application form will not be considered.
Candidates should complete the application form in full and return to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 11 December 2019 12:00
Shortlisting: Thursday 12th December 2019 at 12 noon
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/2232-37S