Rodney House provides primary school places for children with an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) stating 'Specialist support', and offers a city wide Outreach service which supports Early Years children with additional needs and their families.
The service also offers training and support to daycare providers and school nurseries. Rodney House is a welcoming community which helps all children to reach their full potential.
The Governing Body is seeking to appoint as soon as possible, an enthusiastic and inspirational new Assistant Head Teacher. Applications are invited from outstanding, reflective, and self-motivated teachers with:
- Vision and energy to contribute to leading the school forward
- Outstanding teaching and teamwork skills
- A genuine interest in children, staff and parents
- Reflective and innovative approaches to curriculum development with good knowledge of National strategies including the National Curriculum and EYFS 'Development Matters'
- A clear understanding of learning styles, specialist strategies and an ability to support and prioritise communication development
- Enthusiasm for working in partnership with support services and the local community
We can offer:
- A positive, caring ethos where teamwork is important
- Committed and enthusiastic staff dedicated to bringing out the full potential of children in their care
- A supportive governing body and parent community
- Excellent professional development opportunities including regularly input from and collaboration with Speech and Language and Occupational Therapists
- Happy children who enjoy learning
- Future opportunities for progression and development for the right candidate
Prospective candidates are strongly advised to visit the school to capture the positive learning culture in action and will be warmly welcomed. Please contact 0161 230 6854 for an appointment.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
Email your application to Admin@rodneyhouse.manchester.sch.uk
Post your application to the school address
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 16 January 2020 12:00
Interviews: Week Commencing 27/01/2020
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/7047-60LDP