Acacias is a high achieving school with a very supportive staff team who have high expectations for themselves, their colleagues and their pupils.
We are looking for an excellent SpLD (Specific Learning Difficulties) teacher to join this team, to teach mornings in our school funded resource base class (The Treehouse) and to work across the school supporting children with Special Educational Needs (SEN) in the afternoons.
The successful applicant will:
- Have high expectations
- Have had significant experience of supporting children with specific learning disorders
- Have a Post Graduate Diploma in SpLD or equivalent or significant experience and a willingness to train for this role
- Be energetic and enthusiastic
- Be keen to join our hardworking, committed and friendly team
- Be able to meet the needs of all pupils.
We can offer:
- Friendly, motivated and caring children who are keen to learn
- An enthusiastic and committed staff
- A leadership team committed to continual school improvement
- A commitment to your continuing professional development
Please note: for the right candidate the school will delay the start date until September 2020 but would prefer the role to start from Easter 2020. The school may consider this role as a part time 0.6 role based on 4 mornings and a full day on a Wednesday.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
Email your application to email@example.com
Post your application to Mr P Webster at the school address
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 05 February 2020
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/2048-72SNP