The Governors of Chorlton CofE Primary School are looking to appoint an experienced 1:1 Teaching Assistant, Level 1 Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND). This position is Temporary until 31 August 2020, Part time 20 hours per week, Term Time Only.
- Salary: Grade 3 £18,426-£19,171 pa pro rata
- Location: Manchester
- Contract: Part Time Temp/Fixed Term
- Applications Close: 24/02/2020 12:00
- Start Date: As soon as possible
The successful candidate will be working 1:1 with a child or possibly various children and will demonstrate a commitment to working in an outstanding environment with excellent continuing professional development. The ability to demonstrate experience of working with children with SEND and in particular experience of working with children with Autism, ADHD and providing language & communication support is preferable.
It is desirable for the candidate to have some experience delivering programmes of Occupational Therapy and Speech and Language Support in conjunction with other professionals.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to work on their own initiative.
- Be personable, friendly and have a good sense of humour.
- Committed to their own professional development.
- Dedicated to school improvement and the success of Chorlton CofE Primary School.
- Have the ability to work successfully in a team.
- Highly motivated individual who will ensure the best possible outcomes for the people they work with.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Suitably well qualified - preferably Autism level 1&2 trained
- Preferable to have experience in supporting a Speech & Language programme for pupils
- The successful candidate will need to have a good knowledge of how the children learn and possess excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
In return we will be able to offer you:
- Well behaved and motivated pupils.
- A friendly, supportive school community.
- Continuing professional development.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is looking to work in an outstanding school.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Post your application to the school address
Please note that CVs and emails from agencies will not be accepted
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 24 February 2020 12:00
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/3003-52SDP