This position is Temporary until 31st August 2021, Part Time, Term Time Only. You will work 30 hours per week, 08:15-15:15 from Monday to Friday with a 20 minute break and a 40 minute lunch break. Please note the pro rata starting salary for this post is £14,015.
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: Grade 4 £19,554-£21,166 pa pro rata
- Contract: Part Time Temp/Fixed Term (until 31st August 2021)
- Applications Close: 28 August 2020 09:00
- Start Date: September 2020
We are now looking to appoint a suitably qualified or experienced person to undertake the classroom supervision of students throughout the school on a daily basis in the absence of teaching staff and to assist, as required, with duties such as invigilation and in-class support.
What we want from you:
- Experience and an understanding of safeguarding and child protection issues, or be willing to undertake training in these areas
- Numeracy and literacy skills at least equivalent to RQF Level 2, good ICT skills are also desirable
- Ideally have experience of working in an educational setting and have effective behaviour management skills
- Be professional, flexible and innovative, with experience of undertaking a wide variety of duties and an ability to deal skilfully with unanticipated situations
- Good communication skills with the ability to work well within a team, yet be able to demonstrate an ability to work unsupervised utilising your own initiative
- Well organised with an adaptable and positive approach to all aspects of the workload
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to join our Outstanding school of 1,420 students aged 11-18, supported by a hugely talented hard-working staff team
- Excellent facilities in new and refurbished buildings
- Enrolment in the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free parking and use of the school Fitness Suite
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 28 August 2020 09:00
Interviews: Week Commencing 07/09/2020
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/4765-97S