This position is Temporary until 31 August 2021, Full Time, Term Time Only. Working Monday to Friday 8:15 - 15:45 with a 30 minute lunch break. Required to start September 2020.
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: Grade 3 £18,426-£19,171 pa pro rata
- Contract: Full Time Temp/Fixed Term
- Applications Close: 27 August 2020 09:00
- Start Date: September 2020
We are now looking to appoint a suitably qualified or experienced teaching assistant who, under the guidance of teaching staff, will provide support for students who require help to enable access to learning and who will assist in the management and supervision of students in the classroom or outside the main teaching area as required.
We are ideally looking for someone with experience of working with students with behavioural concerns and in particular with ADHD.
What we want from you:
- Experience and an understanding of safeguarding and child protection issues, or be willing to undertake training in these areas;
- Numeracy and literacy skills at least equivalent to RQF Level 2, good ICT skills are also desirable as is having completed the Teaching Assistant Induction Programme
- Experience of working in an educational setting with effective behaviour management skills, experience of working with students with ADHD would be especially welcome
- Have a basic understanding of child development and learning and an ability to relate well to children and adults
- Be professional, flexible and innovative, with experience of undertaking a wide variety of duties and an ability to deal skilfully with unanticipated situations
- Good communication skills with the ability to work well within a team, yet able to demonstrate an ability to work unsupervised utilising their own initiative
- Well organised with an adaptable and positive approach to all aspects of the workload
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to join our Outstanding school of 1,420 students aged 11-18, supported by a hugely talented and hard-working staff team
- Excellent facilities in new and refurbished buildings
- Enrolment in the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free parking and use of the school Fitness Suite
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
Email your application to: email@example.com
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 27 August 2020 09:00
Interviews: Week Commencing 07/09/2020
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/4765-98S