You will be required for two hours during the morning between 07:45 and 09:45 to escort a small number of students from various locations in Wythenshawe to an alternative education provision in Macclesfield.
You will also be required for two hours in the afternoon for the return journey from Macclesfield to Wythenshawe between 14;00 and 16:00.
There will be other occasions when you will be required, for which you will receive payment.
The main duties of the role are:
- To be responsible for ensuring the safety and well being of the students during their journey
- To supervise the collection and return of students from various specified pick-up points along an agreed route
We can offer the successful candidate:
- An opportunity to work in a vibrant, happy and welcoming environment with wonderful students, supportive staff, governors and parents
- Close links with three other schools within the multi-academy trust
- Entry into a competitive pension scheme
- Relevant paid training as and when required
The successful candidate will:
- Establish a good rapport withparents, carers and students
- As well as being professional, be friendly, patient and understanding towards the students
- Be flexible, motivated and able to follow instructions and remain calm in difficult circumstances
- Be able to adapt and respond appropriately to challenging situations
- Be open to new ideas and be committed to working as part of a team
- Have strong moral and ethical principles and values
Applicants are advised that schools and colleges designated with a religious character in England and Wales are permitted by law to require certain posts to be filled by practising Catholics or individuals who hold a Catholic Certificate in Religious Studies.
Where it is not a requirement of the role to be a practising Catholic, applications are invited from individuals committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
It is not a requirement of this role to be a practising Catholic and therefore, applications are invited from individuals committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
Prospective candidates are warmly invited to visit the school and meet with a member of the school's senior leadership team. Please contact Mrs Holland (Headteacher's PA) on 0161 499 0000 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org make arrangements.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
Email your application to: email@example.com
You will need to read the Application Form Notes, Privacy Notice, Job Description, Person Specification and Disclosure Form which can be found on the trust website www.wcatrust.info.
Please note CV's and agency referrals will not be accepted.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, religion, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 28 August 2020 12:00
Interviews: Week Commencing 07/09/2020
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/4766-67S