The Governing Body of St Chad's RC Primary would like to appoint highly motivated, enthusiastic and talented teaching assistants with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) experience to our team throughout school.
We will look to appoint the right people in the right year group and so please make any specific strengths and interests clear in your application..
We would like you to be able to:
- Work with children on a one to one basis as part of our SEND Team, under the supervision of the class teacher implementing actions in Learning Support Plans and ensuring Education Health Care Plans outcomes are achieved
- Supervise and provide support to ensure the safety of pupils and enable them to access all areas of the curriculum
- Attend to the personal needs of SEND children, including pastoral, social, health, physical hygiene and welfare
- Establish good relationships with pupils, parents and staff
- Promote inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Encourage pupils to act independently where appropriate
- Be a team player with the ability to further develop our strong Catholic ethos
- Experience of working with children with SEND would be an advantage
In return we will offer:
- Well behaved and motivated pupils who are eager to learn
- The support of a happy, hardworking, staff team
- The opportunity to excel in your practice and to develop others
- Excellent opportunities to enhance your career, this would be a great opportunity for anyone who is looking to gain experience before entering a career in teaching
- Supportive and dedicated parents
- The chance to make a positive difference
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
Email your application to: email@example.com
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 24 September 2020
Interviews: Week Commencing 05/10/2020
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/3434-30S