32.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday, Term time only.
About the Role:
The Governors are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated teaching assistant to work initially in KS1 but must be willing to work in all primary phases.
You will have excellent literacy and numeracy skills, be highly organised and effective in supporting children in their learning. You will work under the direction of a teacher to contribute to the planning, delivery and evaluation of learning activities for whole classes, groups and individual pupils.
You will regularly cover PPA without the presence of a teacher. You will have relevant experience of supporting planning, evaluation and delivery of learning activities and be committed to working within the ethos of our school.
About the candidate:
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- Experience of working with children in Key Stage 1
- An enthusiasm for supporting children of all abilities
- Be very well organised, reliable and enthusiastic
- Have a good understanding of child development and learning
- An understanding of the role of the Teaching Assistant and other professionals working in the school
In return we offer you:
- Enthusiastic and friendly children
- A very supportive and committed school community
- A happy and harmonious environment in which every child really does matter
- A commitment to your professional development
To be considered for this KS1 Teaching Assistant job you must have:
- A minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Achieved at least grades A*-C (or equivalent ) in GCSE Maths and English
- Experience of supporting learning in Key Stage 1
- Had experience of taking groups and a whole class on your own
- A proven track record of working with small groups in an educational setting and the ability to show evidence of impact on children's attainment through the use of interventions
- Effectively use new technology
- A positive and proactive approach when supporting learning &behaviour
- Communicate on an exceptional level
- Work well under pressure and achieve set targets
About the school:
The school is part of a multi-academy trust working closely with its partner, The Willows Primary School and has strong educational links with Manchester Grammar School and partnership links with schools in the local cluster. The school has a strong Rights Respecting ethos and has achieved Gold Level status. This post is an exciting opportunity to become part of an energetic team focused on achieving the very best for our children.
All posts must satisfy The Trust of their health and physical capacity, advice will be sought from Employee Health & Wellbeing at Wythenshawe Hospital.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
Email your completed application form to Sadia Zahid - firstname.lastname@example.org
Inline with our Recruitment Policy we do not accept C.V.'s, so you must download and complete an application form
Unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted
Closing Date: 26 November 2020 12:00
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/2019-84S