We are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant Level 1 at Pike Fold Community Primary School.
The role is to support access to learning and provide general support for the school in the management of pupils and resources, as directed by senior staff.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working with or caring for children of a relevant age
- Numeracy/Literacy skills (at a level equivalent to NQF Level 2)
- Completion of the Teaching Assistant Induction Programme
- The ability to relate well to children and adults
- The ability to work as part of a team
- An understanding of the role of the Teaching Assistant and other professionals working in the classroom
- The ability to use relevant technology eg photocopier
- Understanding of national/foundation stage curriculum and other basic learning programmes/strategies
- Basic understanding of child development and learning
- Willingness to undertake minor first aid training as appropriate
- Early Years Foundation Stage Experience - this is desirable but not essential
We can offer you:
- A Mindful employer who is passionate about school improvement
- Inclusive, nurturing, welcoming and friendly staff
- An environment which encourages children to meet their full potential and develop skills for life
- An excellent staff team committed to achieving high standards, working in harmony
- Committed to continuous professional development
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not be accepting postal applications, CV's or applications from any other agency such as Indeed or LinkedIn.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 06 November 2020 09:00
Interviews: Week Commencing 09/11/2020
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/2302-61S