We are currently looking to appoint a Caretaker to be responsible for maintenance, security and facilities management services on school sites and premises.
The main purpose of the job will be to be responsible for maintenance, security and facilities management services on school sites and premises under the guidance of appropriate senior staff and to provide specialist support in a specific resource area.
The post holder will:
- Manage cleaning and/or site staff and ensure cleaning is in accordance with specification
- Be responsible for the day to day management of the estates repairs and maintenance issues and associated systems
- Undertake and maintain the cleanliness and physical appearance/environment of the designated cleaning area inside and out including, maintenance of swimming pool and other specialist sports equipment following specialist training where applicable
- Be a responsible Key holder and ensure security of the premises, grounds and it's contents including monitoring CCTV or surveillance equipment where appropriate
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate a commitment to the ethos of Pioneer House and its values and aims
- Promote and maintain a culture of high expectations for self and others
- Show enthusiasm, energy and flexibility
Pioneer House High School, part of Prospere Learning Trust, is a school with a unique focus in preparing pupils whom have severe learning difficuties from age 11 to become independent and productive young adults.
Through our engaging applied learning curriculum focus, carefully structured programmes and highly effective teachers, Pioneer House provides an outstanding and stimulating educational experience for every student.
The rapid growth of this innovative school will offer the post holders ample opportunities for skill development and progression over the next few years through training and support.
Prospere Learning Trust is a strong Multi-Academy Trust with a growing number of Secondary and Special schools that provide excellent opportunities for all students.
We are committed to ensuring ongoing training and personalised development for all staff. We offer a wide range of other benefits to staff including: excellent pension schemes (Teachers Pension for Teaching Staff, Greater Manchester Pension Fund for support staff).
We also have a strong focus on staff wellbeing, providing support for healthcare costs plus access to counselling and 24-hour telephone healthcare advice through the BUPA Health Cash Plan. mitment to academic rigour and exceptional opportunities for the young people within our academies.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
Email your application to: email@example.com
Please note only applications submitted on the school's application form will be considered, CV's and telephone calls or emails from agencies will not be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview with interviews taking place as soon as possible, via video call, link information will be provided.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 21 October 2020
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/7000-42S