We are looking for a cleaner to provide a flexible, seamless, customer focused cleaning service within our school
The shift pattern will be Monday to Friday 06:00 - 09:00 and 15:15 - 18:15.
The post holder reports to the Head Teacher and Site Manager. The main contacts of the job are School staff, pupils and members of the public.
- Ensure all duties are undertaken in a safe and responsible manner in accordance with requirements under Health & Safety regulations, established safe systems of work and Grange policies, practices and procedures
- Undertake duties connected with the cleanliness of the environment and school premises to maintain high standards in the internal and external appearance of school buildings
- Ensure the safekeeping and return of any keys issued for access to rooms
- Observe all procedures in respect of building security, energy conservation and confidentiality of information
- Assist in the care of equipment, materials and storage areas used in cleaning the building
- Provide an efficient and effective removal, storage and waste disposal service
- Identify and report building and equipment faults promptly
- Prepare rooms for use, including functions and events and clear rooms after use
- Participate in training as required
Grange school is an all age special school for pupils aged 4 - 19 years who have autism and complex learning difficulties.
Grange school is a rapidly improving school which benefits from a purpose built building with excellent facilities and a committed staff team. The Continuing Professional Development for staff is a high priority and linked closely with individual professional development.
We are ambitious for the progress for all of our students and our staff and are aiming for excellence as a provider for children and young people who experience Autism Spectrum Condition.
Grange School is a part of the Special family of schools within the Prospere Learning Trust and school leaders will work closely challenging and supporting each other in the continued pursuit of excellence.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 07 December 2020 12:00
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/7055-57S