CHS South are seeking to appoint an experienced Administration Assistant to join our expanding team. The main purpose of the job is to provide comprehensive administrative support to the school.
The post holder's responsibilities include:
- To receive visitors to the school and to communicate with courtesy and clarity to all staff, pupils, parents, carers, visitors, outside agencies and the wider community, including answering general telephone and face to face enquiries
- To carry out pupil first aid and welfare duties, including looking after sick pupils and liaising with parents and staff etc
- To undertake routine clerical and administrative support duties on behalf of individual members of staff in relation to the organisation of school activities
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- The ability to manage own workload effectively
- Willingness to undergo minor first aid training
- Knowledge and experience of information technology including updating & maintaining social media platforms and an ability to use ICT packages, including spreadsheets, data bases and word processing
- The ability to relate well to children and adultsTact and diplomacy in all interpersonal relationships with the public, pupils and colleagues at work
CHS South is part of the Prospere Learning Trust, which believes in working collaboratively to ensure the best outcomes and life chances for students.
The Trust operates five secondarymainstream schools, two secondary special schools and one primary and secondary combined special school.
The Trustwelcomed Manchester Enterprise Academy and Manchester Enterprise Academy Central in April 2020, bringing our combined pupil capacity to 4,750.
Please read the 'About CHS South' document that is attached for more information on our school.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post your application to the schools address.
Please note we do not accept CV's and only completed application forms will be accepted.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 29 January 2021 12:00
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/4014-19S