The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust wishes to appoint a Caretaker to maintain a high standard of cleanliness in line with current COVID 19 guidelines at St Elizabeth's Catholic Primary School.
The main duties of the role are to:
- Be responsible for the maintenance, security and facilities management services on the school site and premises
- Manage cleaning and/or site staff and ensure cleaning is in accordance with the required specification
- Undertake and maintain the cleanliness and physical appearance/environment of the whole school
- Be a responsible key holder and ensure security of the premises and grounds, it's contents including monitoring CCTV or surveillance equipment where appropriate
The successful candidate will:
- Establish a good rapport with all staff and students
- Be professional, friendly, patient and understanding towards the students
- Be flexible, motivated and able to follow instructions and remain calm in difficult circumstances
- Be able to adapt and respond appropriately to challenging situations
- Be open to new ideas and committed to working as part of a team
- Have strong moral and ethical principles and values
We can offer the successful candidate:
- An opportunity to work in a vibrant, happy and welcoming environment with wonderful students, supportive staff, governors and parents
- Close links with three other schools within the multi-academy trust
- Entry into a competitive pension scheme
- Relevant paid training as and when required
Applicants are advised that schools and colleges designated with a religious character in England and Wales are permitted by law to require certain posts to be filled by practising Catholics or individuals who hold a Catholic Certificate in Religious Studies.
Where it is not a requirement of the role to be a practising Catholic, applications are invited from individuals committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
It is not a requirement of this role to be a practising Catholic and therefore, applications are invited from individuals committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
Prospective candidates are warmly invited to visit the school and meet with a member of the school's senior leadership team. Please contact Karen Johnson on 0161 437 3890 or email: email@example.com to make arrangements.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will need to read the Application Form Notes, Privacy Notice, Job Description, Person Specification and Disclosure Form.
Please note CVs and agency referrals will not be accepted.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 15 January 2021 12:00
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/3474-22S