We are looking to appoint a potentially outstanding teacher to cover a vacancy within our school.
The Birches School supports pupils with a range of additional needs (e.g. Specific Learning Disability (SLD), Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC), Profound and Multiple Learning Disability (PMLD) so knowledge and experience of Special Educational Needs (SEN) is essential as is an understanding of Autism and how best to support individuals with a diagnosis of ASC.
We are a vibrant school community and welcome applications from positive and enthusiastic practitioners with the determination to secure the best possible outcomes for our pupils.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an outstanding teacher, or has the potential to be supported to reach this standard
- Is a teacher with experience and/or interest in SEN practices and provision with extensive knowledge of how to meet the needs of SEN pupils
- Has the ability, imagination and inspiration to lead and further improve a strong and effective team of teaching assistants within the school
- Has a great deal of enthusiasm and can motivate and inspire all pupils to learn, has energy and a relentless positive approach
- Has excellent communication skills
- Has an interest in a wider range of subjects and who is able to contribute fully to life of the school
We can offer you:
- A role in a vibrant and caring school community
- A supportive and enthusiastic staff team
- A well-resourced environment and school
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- A challenge
- Fantastic pupils
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
Email your application to: email@example.com
Please note only applications submitted on the school's application form will be considered and CV's will not be accepted.
References will be requested prior to interview. No telephone calls or emails from agencies please.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 22 April 2021 12:00
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/7041-43T