Required for 1st September 2021
Full Time & Permanent Contract
Not Suitable For NQTs.
Secondary Trained Teachers Welcome To Apply.
We are seeking to appoint a highly skilled and motivated Music Teacher to join our dedicated team from September 2021. This is a unique opportunity within the primary sector for a qualified teacher to join our PPA CoverTeam, which is made up of other specialist teachers including Art and PE. The successful candidate will teach Music across our school from Nursery to Year 6, and take a lead on developing our Music curriculum including extra-curricular enrichment opportunities.
As a school, we are committed to all subjects of the curriculum and are particularly proud of our children's Musical achievements. Over the years, it has been a privilege to work alongside Music institutions across the city including the RNCM, the Halle Orchestra at the Bridgewater Hall and other charitable events with The Christie. We are regular attenders on Blue Peter and in the past, our school has been a Music Hub for South Manchester children. Children of Beaver Road enjoy performing for the local community throughout the year and have been regular attenders of the annual Young Voices concert at Manchester Arena. All of our children have the opportunity to sing and learn a range of musical instruments and alongside the Local Authority's Music Service and other tutors; this is something we would like to develop further.
Beaver Road is a large, multi-cultural primary school situated in the heart of Didsbury Village. The School currently has 870 children from 3 to 11 years of age. This will expand over the next 4 years to 1140 children. Ofsted graded the School 'outstanding' in October 2011 and we continue to maintain these high standards for our children and families. Beaver Road is part of the M20 Learning Trust and is a National Support School. Liz Hardy is the Executive Headteacher and a National Leader of Education.
In September 2018, we began our expansion from three forms of entry to five forms of entry across two school sites. Children from Nursery to Year 3 are based at Beaver Road First School site (M20 6SX), while children in Year 4 to Year 6 are based at our new purpose built Junior School site on Wilmslow Road (M20 2RN).
We would like to appoint a teacher who:
- Is an exemplary and inspirational teacher who is aspirational for all learners and has high expectations of learning and behaviour.
- Is an experienced teacher who has a passion for the teaching of Music and uses this to inspire others.
- Is committed to continually improving our Music curriculum, including the coordination of instrumental sessions and the school choir.
- Is able to further develop our already strong partnerships with external agencies and establish new links that create further opportunity for our children.
- Promotes children's enjoyment of learning whilst ensuring high levels of achievement and opportunity, including any extra-curricular clubs.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and enjoys contributing to a team, whilst taking ownership over given areas and using initiative do this.
In return we offer:
- A whole school community committed to our Rights Respecting vision and values, and where excellence is continually strived for.
- Keen and well-behaved children who are inspired to learn in exciting and creative ways.
- A challenging and stimulating place to work with an exciting opportunity to shape and make a difference in a growing school.
- An enthusiastic and exceptionally talented team who motivate pupils to promote independence and a love of learning.
- A commitment to continuing professional development and high expectations in all areas.
- Opportunities to collaborate with a network of other schools and be at the forefront of educational innovation.
Due to Covid-19, we are unable to accommodate school visits at this time. For those that have any specific questions about the role and what it entails, a virtual meet and greet can be arranged via the school office. In addition, please see our school website for access to a virtual school tour and detailed information about our school.
Beaver Road Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced with barred list information check. Please be aware that we will be contacting referees for a reference before the interview.
How to apply -
information for applicants
Applications should be completed electronically and emailed to email@example.com for the attention of Gemma Proctor, our school's Finance & HR Manager.
The application form, job description and person specification can also be found on our school website:www.beaverroad.org
Closing Date: 19 May 2021 09:00
Please quote vacancy reference - Specialist Music Teacher