An experienced Teaching Assistant (Level 1) is required to join the experienced staff team at this successful specialist primary school for children with a wide range of special educational needs Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties, Severe Learning Difficulties and Autism Spectrum Condition.
This is a fixed term post for 2 terms commencing January 2022.
The successful candidate will:
- Work with small groups of children under the supervision of the teacher including the implementation of Individual Education Plan's
- Give regular feedback on children's progress to the class teacher and file records
- Attend to children's personal needs
- Establish good relationships with pupils
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Have a positive outlook, be highly motivated and flexible
- Be self-motivated, show initiative, able to work on your own work and contribute as part of a team
- Have high expectations of themselves, colleagues, children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- Be able to support the learning of children and young people with SEND
- Be committed to the safeguarding of children and young people and be able to contribute to ensuring a safe environment for all
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not post applications.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: 17 October 2021
Interviews: Week Commencing 01/11/2021
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/7749-57S