Beaver road Primary School are looking to appoint a Lunchtime Organiser on a Permanent, Part-time basis.The post holder will report to the Dining Room and Extended Schools Manager.
The purpose of the role is the supervision of the pupils in the dining area/s and elsewhere as required by theSchool.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To communicate with the pupils in their care.
- To supervise pupils in the dining area/s and elsewhere as required by the Executive Headteacher.
- To help create an atmosphere so that the meal and lunchtime recreation is a pleasant experience for pupils and staff.
- Taking pupils who have minor accidents or are unwell to the Dining Room Manager, for first aid where necessary, and if first aid is not necessary, comforting and reassuring them.
- To report more serious accidents to the Dining Room Manager or Extended Schools Manager.
- To accompany sick or injured pupils home or to hospital, in a taxi or other transport provided.
- Where the need arises, for instance with young children, or children with special needs, attending to their physical needs such as hand washing, feeding and toileting.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Demonstrate an interest and involvement in working with children and young people
- Have the ability to understand as well as supervise children and young people
- Have the abilityto respond to every day situations
- Have the abilityto communicate with others
- Are available for work during school holidays if required (unless on annual leave).
Beaver Road Primary School is a large, multi-cultural primary school situated in the heart of DidsburyVillage. The school currently has 850 children from 3 to 11 years of age.
We are currently expandingto a five-form entry per year group and will be at full capacity of 1050 children by 2024.
Childrenfrom Nursery to Year 3 are based at Beaver Road First School site (M20 6SX), while children in Year 4to Year 6 are based at our new purpose built Junior School site on Wilmslow Road (M20 2RN).
Thesuccessful candidate will be working at the First School.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
Email your application to: email@example.com
Post your application to the school address
Please note that CVs and agencies will be ignored
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Privacy Statement: Privacy Notice
Closing Date: 18 October 2021 12:00
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/2017-86S