This role is an excellent opportunity for a highly reliable and conscientious professional who will play a vital role within the academy's expanding Student Support team.
This role is central in ensuring that students behave well and conduct themselves appropriately in order to support their learning.
- Be responsible for the behaviour, conduct and standards of identified students and provide support, where necessary.
- Proactively support students and staff with effective behaviour
- Have a significant role in developing the Academy's ethos of respect, inclusion, trust and cooperation
- Have absolute commitment to wanting the best for children and young people, along with tact, discretion and diplomacy in all interpersonal relationships with parents/carers, students and colleagues at work
- Be self-motivated and have a personal drive to complete tasks to the required timescales and quality standards
- Have the flexibility to adapt to changing workload demands and new school challenges that may involve working beyond prescribed hours on occasion
- Have personal commitment to ensure that the provision of support is equally accessible and appropriate to meet the diverse needs of our students
The successful candidate will have a good standard of education and be able to plan and manage tasks efficiently. You will also need to be able to communicate at all levels and work patiently with students aged 11 and over.
The successful candidate will join an academy that is relentless in its drive to ensure our students and staff alike achieve their very best and our proud of themselves.
We are proud to serve our diverse and inclusive community and wish to appoint a practitioner who shares our commitment to young people in challenging circumstances who believes that excellent leadership can leverage high levels of performance and remains optimistic in the face of adversity.
At The East Manchester Academy, we are passionate about our students and community and are committed to achieving our ambitious vision.
'We will equip all students with the skills, abilities, attributes and qualifications to pursue a fulfilling career, contribute positively to their communities and be active, global citizens.'
We are on a transformative journey of improvement and our recent Ofsted monitoring report shows how far we have come. Now, we are looking to add further capacity and expertise to our team. If, like us, you passionately believe in social justice and the power that education can have on students' life chances, this post will provide an ideal opportunity to join a like minded forward thinking team here at TEMA.
At TEMA we understand that investing in our staff is the best investment in our students and offer a wide range of strategies to help our teachers and support staff be highly effective in their roles.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
How to apply -
information for applicants
Email your application to:email@example.com
Post your application to the school address
Please note that CV's and agencies will be ignored.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
The East Manchester Academy Prospectus.pdf
Closing Date: 28 October 2021 08:00
Interviews: To be notified
Please quote vacancy reference - MCC352/6912-61S